Thursday, July 17, 2008

Now, Anwar Released, Raja Petra Arrested and Charged !

Elviza wrote Anwar released on police bail and I thought the people waiting for him in front of Ibu Pejabat Kontinjen Kuala Lumpur (IPK KL) can take a rest, the road block can be removed and everything can resume as usual.

Anyway, I am very displeased with the reason given on why Anwar was arrested yesterday, one hour before the 2 p.m. deadline issued in the arrest warrant An excerpt from The Star says :

"Police arrested Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim an hour before the 2pm deadline as they feared that he would not show up."

This is really mind-baffling. Did anyone read the content of the warrant? I thought the warrant only allow arrests IF he did not show up after 2 pm . This reason of "fear" is truly shocking ! If police did not obey the time prescribed and the legally issued warrant itself, what more can I say?

Meanwhile, before everyone's emotions settled down, comes another arrest. Raja Petra of Malaysia Today have been arrested !

Aarvidi wrote Raja Petra in ‘mood to fight’ . Judging by his character, he will not back down from his words. Previously, I remember reading one of his articles where he said he will not give up and shall persist till the end. Come what may .. jail etc.

As a blogging Malaysian, I admire his spirit of persistence. I appreciate his contributions in promoting understanding between races by opening spaces for public opinions and building a cleaner and more efficient government.

I am saddened by this turn of event. I give my support to him and his family in going through this ordeal.

No comments: