Monday, June 30, 2008

Drama Minggu Ini : Sodomy (Again ?)

Read this from Malaysiakini :

A police report has been lodged against de facto PKR leader Anwar Ibrahim for allegedly sodomosing one of his aides - the second time that such an accusation had been made in over 10 years.

The report was lodged by the 23-year-old alleged victim at the Jalan Travers police station at 6pm.

KL police chief Muhammad Sabtu Osman confirmed that the report had been made.


I am sure everybody remember 1998, the questionable sodomy case and the Reformasi movement. Now, another sodomy report appears. Rocky's Bru has some basic but important details of the police report. It is necessary to read it beforehand.

Before we get to see any "upacara angkat tilam" (bed carried off to police station as evidence) being televised on local channels, Anwar has made a move to the Turkish embassy to seek for asylum. He purportedly was worried that his life was under threat. There were claims by certain quarters on the possibility of all this as part of a conspiracy cum major political ploy to undermine the most successful de facto opposition leader to date in Malaysia. If there is any real mutiny behind this, it is not hard to guess who hides behind the shadows and masterminded all these.

Another important question to ask, is this case considered as "sodomy" or "rape"? Some quarters suggest to the citizens to have more confidence in the police, judiciary and media in managing with the investigation and such. Unfortunately, I would say my confidence is extremely low.

As for whether I believe Saiful or Anwar, I shall let the pictures speak a thousand words ... Malaysia Today published several pictures of Saiful with various non-Pakatan Rakyat leaders .

I was actually reading some important news before getting awed by the "sodomy" news that uncannily appeared when the nation is concerned with RPK's Statutory Declaration on some people linked with a high profile figure, C4 and Altantuya .

I believe it is time for me to place my main attention on this case. After all, the murder of a person using bombs is definitely more serious than sodomy charges.

As a Malaysian, I want "Justice for Altantuya" and nothing would distract me from this.


I urge all Malaysians to do the same.